Thursday, June 07, 2012

Day 75

Barb and I went on a early morning hike to High Banks Metro Park. We first attempted to stay in the sun for the first mile and then went on and hiked 3 more miles. As we were walking I glanced over and saw a young buck deer just looking at us. It had small antlers about 6 inches high. We just stopped and looked at it less than 10 feet from the bike path. After coming  back to the house I started working on cleaning my race bike chain and getting my bike ready for Saturday's race. I also was able to correct my helmet issue and tape the ear pads in place and ensure that was adjusted properly. After all the gear was done I went for a test ride and a quick run. Feeling strong I just did some accelerations on the bike and run. While working on the bike, I was able to organize all my bike maintenance supplies and pack my gear for the race. I now feel that I'm prepared for a fast bike split on Saturday with my improved set-up and gear. In addition, I was able to mount a torpedo water bottle mount on my aero bars. In a recent wind tunnel study, the authors discovered that having the torpedo water bottle mount was more areo that not having one. Also, it was the most aero than any other water bottle mounts on the aero bars. So my bike is set, all aero to go!

No comments: