Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day 73

Barb and I both were sleeping by 8:30 last night and got up at 4:00am fully rested. The results were posted from the race yesterday and I had a decent swim time with a 14:37, but the transition was included in that time. I had the 3rd fastest bike split with a 29:57, but my run was horrible with a 23:23. I don't think I ever ran that slow in a tri before. They had my overall time as 1:08:30 but my watch time was 1:07:41. So I think there was a minute added on the run somehow making it a 22:30 and with it being 400meters longer it comes out with around a 21:30 which makes more since for sure. I had a great 50 mile ride out on the bike path from West Jeff to Xenia and back this afternoon in the heat. Then I had a 2 mile run in my new shoes. I think I might have got a blister from the new shoes, that's not good at all. I'll try them again and if the same thing happens I'll have to take them back for a 2nd time. Today is my 4th year of sobriety, June 10, 2008. I posted that on facebook and had over 30 people like the post and a whole lot more make comments on congrats and a few stating when their Sobriety date is. Getting ready for the next race, Maumee Bay next weekend. This is a fast course just like Flag City. It should be fun:)

No comments: