Monday, June 11, 2012

Day 71

Counting down backwards to the start of the school year is a great way to appreciate every day of my summer break. Today I had a great swim with 100s at time trial pace and then 15 minutes of core work. After a short break back home I went out on a 6.5 mile run in my new K-Swiss tri shoes. They felt a little heavy and a lot of cushion. I wasn't use to that feel, but they are weighing in at 9.7 ounces. Not too bad, but heavier than I would like for a sprint tri. I think they would be great for a 1/2 ironman or a full. After reflecting on my last 2 races, I think I need to do a little more running during the week prior to the race to ensure that I have run speed for the races. Today I went out for a tempo run and stayed under 7:30 pace for most of the run. My heart rate was under 150 which was zone 4-5. We will see how I feel tomorrow when I do 12x400meters on the track at under race pace and jogging for my recovery between each 400. Today I have been working on getting my 2-day presentations ready for the end of the month in Miami. I have presented these workshops before, but I have to go through and specifically design both days to fit the participants needs coming in from Bolivia. One teacher teaches elementary and the other MS and HS. This makes it a little more challenging to ensure that I address all levels of physical education during the workshops. The highlight of my day is heading to the dentist today for a cleaning. My gums and teeth feel like they are in great shape with my daily flossing and brushing at least 2 times a day. Oh well, until tomorrow, day 70.

No comments: