Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Day 49

Well it's below 50 days of summer left before I head back to teaching. 49 days is a very long time not work, so I feel very grateful not to work throughout this summer. With Barb being home and not working a regular job, it's the first time that both of us haven't worked at the same time since we have known each other.

After having a flat on my bike during my ride yesterday, had to head to the bike store to get some CO2 replacements and quick fill cans for the carry on during my rides. My flat fixing technique saved me during my 40 mile ride when I had a flat 5 miles from my truck. After changing my inner tube I used a CO2 cartridge to fill my tire, but it didn't fill. So I used another and it still didn't fill. This was the first time that I have changed a flat with my new aero rims that has a valve extender. After taking my tire and valve back apart, I realized that my extender was connected to the valve on my tire, so I just waisted both CO2s. However, my last resort was my quick fill can. I used this to fill my tire to get me back to my truck and it worked. Lesson learned for sure is to make sure that the extender is in place before attempting to use a CO2 cartridge.

Today I struggled through my morning workouts and hoping my afternoon workouts will feel better. My Monday and Tuesday workouts are my toughest of the week and then I start to taper for the weekend race with only doing short 1:30min accelerations up to race pace and resting. I do these both with biking and running on Wednesday through Friday. Saturday is a complete rest day. I did have a good pool workout for 2000 meters but wasn't motivated and felt tired. My run was a 6 mile tempo run and also felt tired at the beginning but finished strong with a 7:30 pace last mile.

Yesterday I started working on the Columbus City School's flex credit program. Students that elect to take flex credit attempting to test out of the subject and receive full credit if they pass. This is a new program for students in public schools in the state of Ohio. I'm working on the entire assessment for PE I and PE II courses for the district. I had already started but never had the go ahead to complete it over the past year.

Also, I have to go out to Sabos camping store to pick up a tail light bulb for our camper. Hopefully they have some in stock or they will have to order one for me.

No comments: