Thursday, July 05, 2012

Day 47

Today I had great workouts all before 12 noon, and they were my favorite swim, bike, and run workouts. With the swim, I did 20 x 50 meters at below 40 seconds per 50 with 30 seconds rest and feeling really strong on each one with the last few 37 seconds per 50. My bike was a 20 mile interval with 8 x 1:30 faster than race pace with 3 mins of rest between each one. I was trying to average 25-26mph with each interval and was consistent with each interval. A couple of intervals, I was able to stand peddling with the hardest gear on a flat path, that was pretty tough. I did a brick right after the bike with 4 x 1:30 intervals faster than race pace with averaging 6:15 mile pace with 3 min rest. If I could only run that fast during a race after a hard bike I will be up there with all my competitors. We'll see on Sunday how this translates into my race pace. The weather wasn't a factor today eventhough they said it should be around 100. Friday is always my light bricks of the week with short intervals and little volume, so I know the weather will not be a factor eventhough it will be 102. Light on the feet:)

No comments: